Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room All Ruffled Up Cupcake

Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was a great one and all you mom's had a wonderful Mother's Day. It has felt like summer here the last few days with temperatures in the 80's. That is all suppose to change come Wednesday but we are enjoying it while it lasts though.
Today I am honored to be a guest designer in The Shabby Tea Room. The challenge this week is called All Ruffled up. This is the inspiration photo

I am still trying to master the shabby chic style that I love so much but when I saw this photo I knew exactly what I wanted to do. This is what I came up with

A few months ago I saw a video showing how to make these cupcake giftcard holders and knew they would be perfect for this challenge. You can see the video for how to make them here.
As you will see I decorated mine a bit differently though. I used Sweet Blush, Dark Chocolate and White Satin ribbon for my ruffled frosting. The roses were made with the same SVG File I used for my heart box a few months ago. The liner was made from Girl's Paperie Cardstock. White pom pom trim and angel dust glitter finishes it off. Here is a photo showing the gift card pulled out.

I hope you will play along with us this week too. I will be back soon to share the gift I made for my mom for Mother's Day. Until then I hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

17 comments:

Debi said...

Terri this is the cutest prettest thing I've seen for a while- just love it - will have to have a go x

Sheri said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! This is INCREDIBLE! I certainly know why you were chosen to be a Guest Designer for us this week!

Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

jacirascrap said...

Adorei seu blog! Já sou sua seguidora!

LoveCupcakes said...

I wish they were edible! They look so cute.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Oh My Goodness! Girl you have out done yourself once again! Simply beautiful! Love all those ruffles as icing on the cupcake! This is so unique!

BethieJ said...

Terri this is DARLING!! I LOVE it! What a FUN idea!!!
CONGRATS on the Guest DT at The Shabby Tea Room!!!
Hope your day is FABULOUS!!

Janelle said...

Oh, wow. Very impressive, Terri! Great use of the inspiration photo! It's easy to see why you were chosen as guest designer. :) Congrats!

Diane Jaquay said...

Prettiest cupcake I've ever seen, Terri! Well done!

Margaret M said...

Oh wow this is great! I'm going to pin it to my pinterest!

Kim O'Connell said...

Are you kidding me?! That is incredible! I am going back to stare at this lovely creation for a bit!

Linda said...

Gasp! Thud! Gorgeous! This is the most fabulous creation you have made. Just when I think you can't out-do, you do!! (Now I will pick myself up off the floor and try to get some work done)

Aimes said...

*gasp*! This is amazing, Terri! Now that's one super amazing cupcake!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I am so behind on commenting! This is gorgeous as are all your projects! Truly an incredible piece!

Sharron said...

Wow, Terri--what an absolutely awesome cupcake! All your creations are wonderful but this one is a real standout. It is easy to see why you were chosen to be a Guest Designer! Fabulous job!!

Monica K. said...

Love this, Terri! The layering on the cupcake looks so cool!! Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

I just watched your video on the cupcake... this is incredible. Very well detailed. Think I'll be making a blue themed one for my husband with a gift card for his fave golf store. He's not much of a cake eater so this would be even better. Plus he always saves everything I make him for some reason.

Becca said...

oh my gosh!! I want to eat that cake and the cupcake too lol.. Looks so real! I am so glad I stumbled onto your blog today from your yahoo email. Thanks so much for sharing!! Cant wait to watch the video.

Becca

scrappinbeccascraftroom.blogspot.com