Sunday, November 30, 2014

November Recap

Happy Sunday and last day of November. I am really glad this month is almost over because it has not been a very good one.
It all started the beginning of the month when my left leg started itching. I didn't think much of it until the next day when I saw bites. They were itchy and painful and kept appearing for days after that but nobody else had them. I ended up washing and vacuuming everything I came in contact with but I never saw any bugs and I still don’t know what bit me. Whatever it was seems to be gone now. I just hope it stays away.
After that out new dishwasher was not working right and in the process blew the fuse to the furnace on the coldest day of the year. I didn’t find out it was the dishwasher that caused it until after the heater people came. Turns out they were both on the same fuse. We were without a dishwasher for a week waiting for them to come and replace it. We thought it was fried but turns out it was okay just needed to be put on a different breaker. When the heater people were here for the furnace they discovered Black Widow Spiders in my crawl space  though so I then I had to have an exterminator come. 
Last week I found out my Citibank credit card that I have had for over 20 years was hack for a 4th time this year. This time it was a huge charge and the credit card company didn’t catch it. They really didn't seem to care that it keeps happening either so I canceled the card. Another case of bad Customer Service.
I have also been dealing with crazy buyers again.  This one called me an ignorant asshole because I could not make something for her in the time she needed it. Why do people have to be so rude?
My shoulder is giving me problems again and is making it hard to breath sometimes now. The doctor we have now is not very helpful. All she wants to do is give me a cortisone shot which I don't want. We are trying to decide if we want to stay with our current health insurance or switch. They are raising the rates on us. I thought healthcare was suppose to be affordable now??
We had a major problem with one of Emilia's online teachers. She gave her an F on an outline stating that she did not follow directions. Turns out the directions she wanted her to follow were not in the unit where the outline was suppose to be done. Emilia was very upset about it and when I asked the teacher to let her do it over she refused and was very nasty to me in the process. Thankfully I was able to talk to someone over her and he was very helpful. He was in agreement that Emilia should have had a chance to do it over and we have a new teacher now who is great.
Lastly if you are are a regular reader of my blog you probably read what happened in my last post. Thanks for all the support. So far I have found some good replacements for the PTI Cardstock from My Favorite Things and Avery Elle. They both have comparable colors and weight for most of the colors I need except for Spring Rain and Hibiscus. If anyone knows of a good match for those 2 colors please let me know. I hope to do a comparison post on Cardstock next month.
Even with all these problems I am still trying to focus on the positives though especially since this was the month to be most Thankful. Even though it may not seem like it after this post I do still have a lot to be thankful for.
Before I go I will leave you with this photo. I made the hat for this dog a few months ago and just love the photo the buyer sent me of him wearing it.Looking at that photo always makes me smile, I hope you enjoy it too.  I will be back again next month with more to share then. Here is to hoping it will be a much better month!



No comments: